Applications for Summer 2020 are now closed.
Join the Wait List for Fall 2020 Programming!
Why Be an UpTurn?
"Upturn Alums are MADE to give back. When you’re a part of something so great, why wouldn’t you?"
Miracle Adebanjo, 2019 UpTurn
"The UpTurnships team coached me to become more productive and confident at my work site. The team helped me build a bridge between who I was when I first entered and who I wanted to be after the program ended."
Zain Ijaz, 2019 UpTurns
"I came into UpTurnships being very confused on where exactly I wanted to be after graduation. Now I feel like I've met so many long-lasting relationships, and I feel very confident about where I'm going in the future."
Teresa Nguyen, 2018 UpTurn
"UpTurnships was the foundation of my professional career. All the coaches, guest speakers, and students that participate in UpTurnships have a passion for growth and helping others flourish. I wouldn’t be where I am today if it wasn’t for the all the guidance and knowledge UpTurnships has provided me!"
Dulce Ocampo, 2016 UpTurn
We inspire UpTurns to be prepared, equipped, and experienced, with a plan for the future.
Advantages of being an UpTurn:
- 11 days of PAID training and coaching on foundational business skills
- Paid professional summer internship
- Build a large professional network of coaches, mentors, and potential employers
- Future job search skills and network building
- Extended mentoring and support until you get a job at graduation
- Summer program runs from May 26-August 21, 2020.
- Location TBD
- Living in the Twin Cities area during summer 2020 (no housing allowance is provided)
- Seeking an internship in business (fields may include Marketing, Computer Science, Sales, HR and many more!)
- Current sophomore or junior (graduating Dec 2020-Spring 2022)